Friday, November 04, 2005

Highly Offened

So at work tonight I got to sit on my ass and spend the first hour finishing my sexual/workplace harassment training. Yeah, it was so much fun. Then I went out of the office to see what was going on in the store. Pretty slow, Thursdays usually are so the store manager, a CSR and the new person that was hired to be a shift lead and I were just kind of sitting around and talking. It was brought up that I may be moving back to Omaha to get back together with my ex. Now I know that this decision may seem very odd to many, but there are a lot of feelings there between us and not going back to explore them may be the one thing I would truly regret. So anyway, I prepare and get the usual questions. "You dated him how long ago? Do you really think it would work? Why would you want to move back there?" I am used to this; I expect and deal with it. Keep in mind, I have not actually made up my mind on this matter, it is something I am strongly considering and won't make a final decision until after I go back to Omaha for Thanksgiving and actualy spend time with him. Now usually the conversation ends there, but today the new guy decides to ask some rather odd questions like "how do you know its really him, he could be having a friend say all this stuff to you. I am from Vegas and I have heard about that kind of stuff before." To which I simply reply that we have talked on the phone and the details from our past the we have discussed are not something you would share with a third party. He balks at this, so I tell him something simple, not wanting to get into too much detail about him remembering what I was wearing when we met. To which he comes back with saying he sounds like a stalker because no man would remember such things. Now I am getting mad. At some point during all this (probably during the he is lying to you part of the conversation) I made the point that maybe people in the midwest have better morals than those living in Vegas. He replies to me that the midwest has the highest incest rate int the nation and that people go to family reunions in order to find a date, so he doesn't know about their morals. Now I am truly offended. I told him maybe he should watch what he says, he doesn't know me, he doesn't know my situation, he should just stop. He again laughs it off saying that it was okay because he is from Georgia. What that has to do with anything I have no idea. All I know is I never want to work with this asshole again, and if says anything else like this to me again I am calling human resources on him. I don't even want to go into work tomorrow and deal with him. Who in their right mind talks to their manager that way? I am just so pissed right now I could scream.

2 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 8:54 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

so what you're saying is that he has created a hostile work environment for you by implying that you (along with everyone else here) is incestuous. Plus, who the fuck says shit like that???

Sounds like a clear cut case of sexual harrasment in the workplace to me. ;-)(My office just got done with an hour long meeting on the subject this week too).

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) defines sexual harassment as:

"Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harrasment when:

1. Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment.

2. Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual

3. Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment"

emphasis mine.

So maybe you just tell him to shut the hell up :D

 
At 11/05/2005 3:19 AM, Blogger AliKat said...

The asshole didn't even have the balls to show up for work today, his ass is gone!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home