Friday, March 02, 2007

Snow Day

Its been about 10 years since I have had a snow day. As adults we rarely get snow days. Schools close, but work remains open, and usually no matter what Blockbuster stays open. Today, however, since the store manager lives in Lincoln and the roads were closed between Omaha and Lincoln most of the day, he could not come in, my car is buried under a foot and a half of snow, and the other manager was stuck in her driveway all day, so no one could open our store. Outside of the occasional phone calls to see if anyone could get to the store, I had the day off, stuck in my apartment with nothing to do but watch movies. It was a really nice change. The thing that really got to me though, was the stores that did open today were really busy. What is up with people? The roads were extremely dangerous, schools, banks, and most all businesses were closed, I even saw that some Urgentcare centers were closed, but people were still driving out in the blizzard, risking their lives to rent a freakin movie. I wished all of them to get stuck or wreck their cars, no injuries, just lots of money in damages. That would teach them. When you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you, don't go out to get movie. Stay home, read a book, watch tv, watch a movie you already own, you don't need to risk your life to see a different movie. Its just retarded to me. I hope everyone in Omaha enjoyed their snow day and stayed at home. I sure did. I watched the entire extended Lord of the Rings trilogy with my boyfriend and his roommate. They tried to make it into work this morning only to find their stores were closed too and since I live next to both of their jobs they just came here rather than drive the whole way home. They were not stupid enough to come over here just to watch LOTR.

8 Comments:

At 3/04/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger JLGB said...

SHE'S ALIVE!!! Hooray! Aren't snow days the best? I didn't realize I would get one as a "professional," but lo and behold they exist!

p.s.
the word verification has become very difficult to read as a human - this is my third try...

 
At 3/06/2007 11:42 AM, Blogger rainbowponi said...

tell me about it. i just made a comment on another blog and had to type them in 5 times. 5 freakin times!

cool, watched lotr on your snow day. good for you!
still watchin' greys anatomy?

 
At 3/07/2007 5:50 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

Oh I am still very much watching Grey's Anatomy. I don't think there is a new episode for another week or so though.

 
At 3/07/2007 7:46 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

It was just announced on the Grey's MySpace page that Tim Daly (Wings) will be joining the cast, as will Taye Diggs (Not Wings). Apparently both will be having something to do with Kate Walsh (Addison)'s spin-off show if it happens.

 
At 3/09/2007 11:51 AM, Blogger raptorpack said...

A spin off show? Well, I may be suck into Grey's world but I sure hell ain't gonna be watching that.

 
At 3/11/2007 5:32 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

That seems to be the general consensus. I've yet to find anybody who's actually excited about this spin-off.

 
At 5/17/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger raptorpack said...

Okay, what the frell. It is been like snowing where ever you are for over 2 months. Not everyday can be a snow day. (well, maybe. that would rock :),...but still >:( )

 
At 7/26/2007 8:55 AM, Blogger raptorpack said...

Dear god woman; post something. Anything. How was your last bowel movement? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home