Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bored

I am just bored and haven't posted in a few days. I am definitely moving back to Omaha in May. I talked more with my parents and now I really want to go back. My mom isn't doing to well. She will randomly get lost going home and her memory is getting worse. With her history it could be a lot of things, but it still concerns me and I should be there for her. California just doesn't feel like home to me anymore. It was a wonderful place to grow and heal, but I proved what ever I needed to prove to myself out here and I am ready to go home. The holidays are making it worse. This is the first time in years that I can remember wanting to be in Omaha for the holidays. I haven't even really celebrated anything in years and now I want to go back and celebrate with my family. Last year I was just concerned with getting through the holidays sober, now that I have done that I want to go back to enjoying the holidays. I am continually amazed how much getting sober has changed me in ways I wasn't expected. My priorities changed, my attitude changed, my whole outlook on life changed. I've grown up and settled down, sometimes I think I am getting boring, but really I don't want to go back to how I was. I could go out more, but for the most part I enjoy staying in. I enjoy watching a movie or reading a book or sitting on the computer. I have no real desire to go clubbing or pick up men, I have had my share (well more than my share but lets not get into that.) I just want to settle down, but finding a guy to settle down with is hard, especially when you don't go out. Well, I don't know where this is going anymore so I guess I will just end it there.

2 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Did she tell you about her memory problems or did your father?

I'm sure they'll both be really glad to have you around.

 
At 12/16/2005 2:37 AM, Blogger AliKat said...

Thanks, my mom told me and I talked about it with my dad. Could be a number of things, don't know for sure what yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home