Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Moving, probably

Well after talking to my parents and finally talking to my ex it looks like I will be moving back to Omaha right before Jen's wedding. That is when my current lease ends and I have to be back for the wedding anyway so it seems like the perfect time to go back. I still have plenty of time to change my mind, and this decision is not based on any promises made by my ex; he made none. The only thing really said was that we both really miss each other and we love each other and if I moved back we would probably end up together. I am not counting on it and its not the sole reason for the move. I miss all my friends in Omaha, I miss my family. My mom is off of drugs for the first time in many many years and it would be nice to be around and have real relationship with her. I missed out on a lot when she was using and I was using. you can only mend a relationship so much from such a distance. It would also be a lot easier to live out there. My entire paycheck wouldn't be going to rent anymore. When I first move back I won't even be paying rent, I'll be staying with my mom for at least a month until I can find a place of my own. I might even be able to go out and do things with friends. I do nothing here. Never go out, just stay in watching movies. I have like 3 friends here, and while they are absolutley wonderful, I am still rather lonely. This way I can actually see my friends in Chicago too. A 7-8 hour drive in nothing compared to a what 5-6 hour flight with layovers, having to get to airports like 2 hours early, a two hour time change, oh and a ticket cost of like $300 at least. Its no wonder I haven't made it back since I moved to California. I said before that I was going to follow my heart and my heart is pulling me strongly back to Omaha.

4 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 5:12 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

Glad to hear it. I'm sure there are plenty of Blockbusters around here that need whipped into shape. ;)

 
At 12/07/2005 5:21 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

yeah, i don't think finding a job is going to be a problem, blockbuster is fucking everywhere!

 
At 12/08/2005 9:25 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

BTBB will be even bigger than blockbuster too! (larger fonts and whatnot)

 
At 12/08/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger JLGB said...

As you know I have been away, and I was just catching up on all your posts and it makes me happy to hear you considering moving back. If only I could come back so soon! Basically the only way I can come back right away is if the Federation has a position open. We'll see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home