Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Feeling Better

Well, I had my first day off in who knows how long. I slept in, watched a movie, fucked around online, and I am feeling much better about things. I won't have to work tomorrow either since the store manager never got back to me so I get another day off the relax. I think that is what I was really missing, some me time to do nothing with. Things are still weird on the relationship front, but not much I can do about that besides try to move on and know that whatever is supposed to happen will happen. There must be some plan for my life, I mean no one swallows 150+ pills and lives to tell about it without some purpose right? At least that is what I tell myself when I get down. There is a reason for me to be here. I just wish I knew what it was. And if it is working for blockbuster than that is a shitty fucking reason! I guess I have to just follow my heart and see where that takes me.

6 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 10:53 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

But what if your purpose is to rise through the ranks of Blockbuster and become CEO and make millions of dollars? Not so shitty then, is it?

Glad you're feelin' better, and I think that's pretty good advice there, following your heart. Who needs a plan? Just do what you feel is the best for you.

 
At 12/06/2005 10:59 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

yeah, I guess that wouldn't be so shitty. I think my heart is telling me to move back to Omaha, too many people I care about there and so few people here. I will just keep going on with my life and see what happens.

 
At 12/07/2005 8:45 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

Who's to say your purpose in life has even been discovered yet?

Maybe you take your knowledge of the inner workings (and failings) of blockbuster and start your own chain "Better Than Blockbuster" or BTBB if you will (kinda like tcby, only with movies and not as much yogurt).

 
At 12/07/2005 9:41 AM, Blogger david golbitz said...

I don't think there's any true "purpose" in life. At least, not one put upon you by some outside force. Life is what you make of it, and you gotta do what makes you happy.

 
At 12/07/2005 10:28 AM, Blogger AliKat said...

See that is where we disagree 1031, some outside force kept me alive when i overdosed, believe me there is no medical or rational reason for me being alive. When I tell doctors what I took their jaws drop at the fact that I am sitting there telling them. I believe that same outside force has a purpose for me. Maybe I should take Ithiel's advice and open BTBB, the people running BB sure seem to have their heads up their ass most of the time, I couldn't do any worse.

 
At 12/07/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

don't forget the yogurt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home