Thursday, November 24, 2005

Rent

My long wait has ended and I finally got to see Rent last night with 1031. Wow, I loved it!! Well worth the wait. I can't say it is better than the broadway show, but it does do it justice and that is saying a lot. I was somewhat able to contain myself from singing throughout the entire movie. I mostly mouthed the words to the songs. I did however quote most of the movie because lines that were sung in the musical were spoken in the movie. I did cry like the little girl that I am at a couple of scenes. I couldn't help, I knew it was going to happen. No matter how many times I saw the show live and how many times I listen to the music, every time I see it I cry. I can't wait to see again with my roommate when I get back to California, and then watch it again and again when it comes out on dvd. I would still rather see the show live, but with ticket prices being like $50 each, I think I can settle for the movie. I would do an actual review, compare and contrast but its Thanksgiving and I am full of turkey so maybe after I see again I will do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home