Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Playing with fire

So my boyfriend upset me last night, like big time upset me. He pretty much ridiculed me for crying over Grey's Anatomy (specifically Denny dying). I watched it (for the second time) over at his place, and was crying by the end, so I went downstairs to get a hug because I was upset, and he called me crazy and psychotic for crying over a fictional character. Now anyone who knows me knows that this is not an unusual occurance. I threw a fit after reading Harry Potter and cried and cursed out the author for killing off my favorite character; I cry every time I watch Rent. Pretty much anytime a character I like dies in a tv show, movie, or book I cry. And what do I do in my spare time? I watch tv, movies and well I used to read books and I am sure I will again soon. So can I be with someone who is going to ridicule me every time I get upset over a fictional character? Can I be with someone who, when I come downstairs just wanting a hug to cheer me up, sends me back upstairs even more upset then I was to begin with? Would I be making such a big deal about it if Shawn wasn't back in my life and single? I am seeing him again tonight, I know 1031, you said stay away, but this is the only night he has free for a while and we can't do anything naughty tonight anyway because well I am a girl and once a month I can't do anything. He is coming over here earlier this time and my mom is home, so nothing will happen. I am not calling my boyfriend for a while which pretty much means we won't be talking for a while since he never, ever calls me, which does bother me some. I know he cares about me and sometimes he shows it, and he can be wonderful when we are together, but I don't know if he is capable of loving me the way I deserve to be loved. He just doesn't seem to have that kind of love and compassion in him. I mean, yeah, getting worked up over fiction may seem a little silly, but you don't send your girlfriend whom you care about away crying harder than before because you think it is silly. And by the way, Shonda, the creator and one of the writers of Grey's Anatomy cried over Denny. I just read her blog and she cried while writing the scene, during the read through, during the filming, during the editing, and when they mixed in the music. And she created the character knowing he was going to die and she still cried, so I don't really think I am crazy or should be ridiculed for crying. This wasn't cute teasing either, this was how could you be so stupid teasing. It just seemed so heartless to me. Normally I would let it go too. I will put up with a lot to make a relationship work. I let things go that I probably shouldn't. I had warning that my ex in California would get violent with me, which he did, but I let all the warning signs go. I let it go and I shouldn't have. But with this, am I looking for an excuse to leave because of Shawn? I don't know. I just don't know. I do know that anytime things seem to be going okay for a while something comes along to fuck it up. At least I am used to it by now.

2 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger raptorpack said...

Oh my god, even I teared up a little. Some guys are just desensitized,...stupid,..."manly",...young...Anyway, I don't know your head but I have a feeling that Shawn has no effect on how you feel about...I totally forgot his name...oops :). You were in an emotional state and he was being an ass. He sounds like a cool "guy", but kinda a fuckhead, as becky would put it, as a boyfriend. It is up to you whether you want to stay in this situation or not. Don't do it for Shawn, hell, it is fate testing you, but I don't think in the way you think. Yeah. Anyway, the fact that Shawn is in your life at this moment when you are feeling stressed about your boy is, truely, a coincidence...I promise you. I don't know enough about you and Shawn but gage it apporipately there is history there which has to mean something...good and bad. Best thing to do is treat them as seperate things don't do one because of the other...you'll end up disappointed regardless because you put unnessesary ideas and feeling on it. You'll feel better if treat them seperate...like grown-up and stuff...almost like...evolved or something.


BIG HUGS :D

oxox

 
At 5/19/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger rainbowponi said...

dont do one because of the other?

raptor what exactly are you suggesting she do?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home