Sunday, March 12, 2006

Changes

When did I turn into such a nerd? I remember a time not that long ago when a day off meant going out, getting into trouble, partying, hooking up with some totally inappropriate guy, stuff like that. Now I am looking forward to sleeping in, getting on the computer, watching Firefly all day, and maybe finally finishing my book. That is my idea of a really good day. I hung out with Shawn the other night (yeah I know that is just asking for trouble and more posts on how men suck) but something I really didn't expect happened. I realized that I had more fun crashing nerd night, watching my friends play d&d and then watching Howl's Moving Castle. This realization came as quite a shock to me. I mean I knew I was becoming more tame then I was in the past. Getting off the drugs is a big factor in that, but I guess I didn't know just how much I have changed. I blame Ithiel and 1031. Their nerdiness has rubbed off on me and I don't think there is any going back. I have a blog, I am all into sci-fi and fantasy and anime now, I read all the time, I am always on the computer, I don't get bored when Ithiel starts play WoW when I am over; I am even starting to understand the game a little. Can I be much more of a nerd? At least I am a hot nerd. :)

Well, on a completely different note, I am feeling all nostalgic for my old riding and dancing days, seeing as how I am staying with my mom and there are pictures of me riding and dancing everywhere, so now I am watching old tapes of dance recitals and horse shows. I really wish I could have kept riding. Its one of the few things that I am truly good at. Stupid allergies making it difficult for me to be around horses. Oh well. I guess that is just life.

6 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 5:31 AM, Blogger JLGB said...

I think it is really hard to have not considered myself rather nerdy just by association with such hardcore sci-fi/gaming etc. people all these years... but you may be right that it starts rubbing off into genuine personal nerd-like symptoms... :)
... and I was just thinking of Lennon (THE HORSE)the other day...

 
At 3/13/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

Damn nerds rubbing off on me. :) I am not complaining though.
I can't help but think of that horse all the time now. In this room alone there are five pictures of the two of us.

 
At 3/13/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger raptorpack said...

nostalga sux when it makes you sad...oh well, its a good sad i guess. Speaking of sad, what's with all this nerd rubbin, how come i never rubbed off on you...i mean on you...i mean rubbin you..me...aaahhh, stop me now :), anyway, nerd night was only good cause the T was there ;);)

 
At 3/13/2006 5:13 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

mmm nerd rubbing...no better leave that one alone. :)

 
At 3/14/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger david golbitz said...

Leave it alone? You just deflated the hopes of hundreds of nerds everywhere.

 
At 3/14/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

I didn't say I wasn't going to do any more nerd rubbing, I just didn't think I should discuss it further. Don't want to over excite the nerds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home