Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cleaning House

Well I just spent the last 45 minutes throwing shit out. Not all of it mine either, in fact almost all of it was my ex's. When we split up I took a carload of shit over to his foster mom's house. That was back in August. And given the circumstances of our split, or rather the fact that he beat me, he was not able to ever get his shit out of here. I hung on to the rest of it thinking I would get it back to his foster mom, but time slipped away and now there is no time to get it to her and pack my shit and do everything else that needs to get done before I move, so it is all now out in the dumpster. It felt liberating, freeing myself of the baggage of that relationship. If I had more time I would have donated the clothes, but I am getting down to the wire here and I am worried about getting the packing done as it is. A few more boxes have been packed, but the kitchen will take a while. I am really not too worried about getting everything done, just nervous I guess. Moving back somewhere I ran away from so many years ago. I know things have changed; I am a different person now, stronger, but still...I don't know. I don't know where I am going with this. I know I am doing the right thing; I know I will be happier back in Omaha; I'll have a better life there, but I will miss California, my friends out here, the warm weather. At least living in Omaha I will be able to afford to come back and visit. Well I am trying to do too many things at once now, so I will stop here. If I don't post again until I get back to Omaha, don't be surprised. So much to do, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home