Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I am not having a good week

I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments on my last post. I have decided not to publish any of them, but I did read them all. I will not be venting to anyone on this matter, no further details will be given except this: this was not the result of any one thing or one person. This was the result of a series of events that occured over a very short amount of time since I have been back in Omaha. More than one person was involved, it has forced me to think about other events that have happened in the past, and it has just been too much for me to deal with. The part of me that was able to bounce back from such things has been seriously wounded and right now I just need some time and space to heal. I am not sure how much time, but for now I am really not talking to anyone. So if you have seen my away message on aim recently it means just that. I am not hiding from some people and talking to others; I am just not talking to anyone right now. The only reason I go onto aim at all is because for some reason my mom's computer only likes me to check my e-mail through that now. So now, I am really done discussing this subject.

In other news, I got accused by a customer yesterday of stealing her $10, which was never handed to me. She came up with movies, one was not going to be free with rewards that day, so she went back to pick out another one. I saw the money in her hand when she left the counter, what happened to it after that I don't know; most likely it fell out of her pocket and someone else picked it up. All I know is I didn't take it. I emptied out my pockets for her and everything. She was still not satisfied. I felt like asking her, after working for the company for two years and handling hundreds of thousands of dollars of over people's money, every penny of which is accounted for, why on earth would I start by stealing her money in front of three coworkers, on camera, on my third day in a store where they actually go back and check security tapes because they don't trust the employees to begin with? In the end I just told her to talk to the store manager. I was not in the mood to deal with her. Then on my way home from work I got pulled over for speeding. For me, going 70 on the interstate at like midnight is driving rather slow, but I guess its not here. Luckily he just let me go and reminded me that I have 30 days to get a Nebraska license and register my car here. Oh and my paycheck still hasn't come yet. I am flat broke. Overall, I have had a really really shitty week. I am just really thankful that I didn't get a ticket last night. If I had I think I may have just said fuck it all and taken the offer to go to Chicago, marry someone I don't love and never have to work again. I am almost to the point of being so cynical that that offer is looking like a good idea.

5 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger raptorpack said...

Honey, would you like to borrow one of my aura bugs...I have three...not that my week has been great but I won't miss one for a while...I have missed you and it was great to see you Sunday...you have the best of my heart. xoxo

 
At 3/08/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

You got pulled over for doing 70? On the interstate? Wow. Cop musta been freakin' bored out of his mind. I do 70 on Dodge Street.

 
At 3/08/2006 10:30 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

Yeah, that is just the kind of week I am having. I was driving between 65 & 70 the entire way, I was fucking getting passed! I don't know what I would have done if I actually got a ticket. My fucking paycheck still hasn't come yet. Can I just crawl into a hole and come out when my life gets better?

 
At 3/08/2006 11:24 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

You know better than that. It's life. You can't hide from it. You're stronger than this, whatever this week has been. You'll be okay. We're here for you.

 
At 3/09/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger AliKat said...

I know, but after some of the shit I have been through in my life can't I just hide for a few days? Oh wait, I did. Does that mean my time is up now and I must rejoin the world? No fun. Well, I am still not answering my phone. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home