Thursday, March 02, 2006

Somewhat Refreshed

Well, I stayed up a little too late last night, but slept in so I am feeling somewhat recovered from the long trip. The drive wasn't that bad. I just wish I hadn't had my cats in the car then I would have had time for a little sight seeing, would have been able to take my time and enjoy the road trip. As it was though, I felt the need to get to Omaha as quickly as possible. My cats are my babies and when they are with me I feel like I can't ever be away from the car, so any stops were very brief, maybe 10 minutes except the two times I stopped to sleep for 4-5 hours. So I did make excellent time and stayed within 5 miles of the speed limit. My car got the most incredible gas milage. In California I would have to fill my tank every 250 miles. I was stopping every 350-400 miles with a quarter of a tank still left. I was quite pleased by this, especially since I didn't have that much money to spend on gas. My paycheck should be delivered tomorrow, that is if the store manager actually does what she said she would and overnight it to me today when they come in. I'll just have to see if that actually happens.

I am going to start work on Saturday. Originally it was going to be Monday, but with getting here so quickly and their need for managers I said I would start this weekend and they were thrilled. Never hurts to start out on the DL's good side. I will be temporarily working at a store on 24th and Venton, then when they get the other ASM trained she will take that store and I will work at the store over on Saddle Creek, which is the store I wanted. I found out I get to take dance classes for free at the studio I danced at for 14 years, and that is down on 42nd and Center, and finding an apartment in that general area should be easy. Things are working out really well.

Before I left one of my customers gave me a Borders gift card, and now I think I am going to go out and use it. I am looking forward to being able to relax in the hot tub and read a bit, then going out again. I am already more social in Omaha than I was in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home