Friday, January 20, 2006

My Back Hurts :(

A couple of years ago I broke my back. No cool story to go with, it was a stress fracture on the last vertebrae from riding too many horses. I was training them at the time. Anyway, since then I have been having some back problems, nothing major and usually the pain goes away in a few days or a week. For the past month or so I have been having a lot of pain in my low back and nothing I do seems to help it. I have tried everything I can think of, putting heat on it, putting muscle rub cream stuff on it, wearing my back brace, spending time in my friend's hot tub, taking as much over the counter pain meds as I dare. Nothing has helped. I guess now it is time to get some professional help for it. I have been putting off going to the doctor because I am afraid they will just want to give me pain meds and send me on my way and that is the last thing I want. Last time I got pills for my back I went a little overboard and ended up in rehab. Well, it was a lot more complicatd than that, but the pills finially pushed me over the edge. Also, I want more of a cure for my back than a temporary solution for the pain. Tonight was so bad I could hardly stand it. I took as much asprin as I could safely take and it barely helped. I am limited in the types of pain pills I can take now because I am now allergic to some of them. It really sucks. I guess i should go see a chiropractor, they could help my back and can't force pills down my throat. Now if I can just find the time to go.

6 Comments:

At 1/21/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger david golbitz said...

I know a pretty good chiropractor here in Omaha, for when you get back. Til then, ::shrugs::

Hope you find somethin' to help you, though. Otherwise that drive back is gonna be hell.

 
At 1/21/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger AliKat said...

I know, sitting in my car on the way home from work already hurts, I am not looking forward to two days in a car. Not much I can do about it I guess.

 
At 1/22/2006 4:30 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

Noone can force you to take the pills the doctor prescribes. hell they can't even force you to fill the prescription.

Dr. Muenster here in omaha is better than anyone 1031 was going to suggest too

 
At 1/22/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

Hey, my chiropractor can beat up your chiropractor.

 
At 1/23/2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

oh yeah??? well my chiropractor's assistant can beat up your chiropractor!

 
At 1/23/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger david golbitz said...

Your chiropractor has an assistant?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home