Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Fucking V Day

I hate Valentine's day. Probably because even with all the boyfriends I have had i always seem to be single on this day. The last time I remember having a boyfriend on Valentine's Day I was 16 years old. That is 9 years ago people! That is 8 shitty, lonely Valentine's Days that I have been through. The only one that I have fond memories of is when I was in rehab. How sad is that? I had to be in rehab to have a good Valentine's Day. I was going to make an anti-Valentine's Day endcap at work with movies like Fatal Attraction, American Psycho, Unfaithful, Basic Instinct, movies like that. Unfortunately, we did not have enough of those movies for sale to make my endcap so I couldn't do it. I thought it woud be greatly appreciated. Not everyone is happy on Valentine's Day, and those who aren't are probably alone watching movies and as sick as I am of seeing all those romantic movies shoved in their faces. At least Saw II comes out today so they have something totally unromantic to watch. Oh and Mirrormask is out today too. Excellent movie. Hopefully I will get through the day without crying or feeling too sorry for myself. I might want to spend the day inside though. If I see some happy couple it will take a lot for me to resist the urge to spit in their face. Not that I am bitter or anything. No, not at all. I enjoy getting jerked around by someone i care about. Fucking asshole. Okay, now that that is out I can go on and enjoy my day.

4 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

Valentine's Day is pointless, regardless if you actually have a significant other or not. I've never understood this damned holiday, though I've spent more than enough money on it in the past.

I thought it was humorous that Saw II was out on DVD today.

And damn you for seeing Mirrormask before me! That is so not fair. Damn movie never came even close to showing in Omaha. I need to scrape together $20 for the DVD. That's one movie I can't wait very long to see.

And it's good that you're not bitter and don't hold a grudge. Anger is so unattractive on most people.

 
At 2/15/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger JLGB said...

They had this great pro-mo on the local radio station yesterday called roses and thorns. You could dedicate Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" with a sappy "this is for my wife who I will always love" --- but THEN, you could also dedicate that one 80s band's "cut like a knife" to Joey, that bastard who nailed your best friend the day before Valentines Day... super fun!

 
At 2/16/2006 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, ~I~ love Valentine's Day. I look at those couples and think feel really good that those people have found happiness with each other. It's really beautiful to see, that light, that spark in their eyes; genuine smiles. We are all party to luck, and joy, and happiness. Just because yours isn't his isn't hers isn't mine is hardly a reason to feel anger at the love two people are blessed enough to feel.

@>->-->---
A rose for you. Because the real one just got kind of jammed into the USB port. I ought'a pry that out...

-The God of Hellfire

 
At 2/16/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger rainbowponi said...

awwww. look who has turned into a beautiful romantic!

a rose. heee, heee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home