Monday, March 20, 2006

It's a good day!

One of my paychecks finally arrived. Hooray for no longer being dirt poor and finally being able to make my car payment. My other paycheck should be here in a day or so. They are reissuing it to me and sending it to the store. I also found out today that HIM is going to be playing Sokol on May 21st. I am so excited. HIM was the only band I actually paid to go see while I was in California and now I get to see them again, and provided that my other paycheck gets here before Saturday, I shall be taking 1031 as my date. Its the least I can do given all the movies and concerts he has treated me to over the years. If anyone else is interested in going tickets go on sale on Saturday. Right now I get to be in my little nerd heaven as I sit on the computer and watch Firefly, then provided that the weather doesn't get much worse I will be having dinner with my parents. Even with all the snow it is turning out to be a wonderful day. I was reminded today as I was running errands one of the reasons why I came back. People here are just so nice. I had a lovely little chat with the woman at the bank and the woman at Starbucks. You just don't get that so much in California. People were pretty nice to me, but they seemed to be fewer and farther between then people in the midwest. Yeah, I know, there are assholes here too, but the general public is just nicer and friendlier. I missed that. Not to mention all my wonderful friends here, some of whom I still haven't had a chance to see. I must fix that. Stupid work keeping me all busy and stuff. Well, and the fact that I am such a nerd and need to watch Firefly and I spend way too much time on the computer. Oh well, I am happy and that is all that really matters I guess. Even with the snow, it is very good to be back.

1 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 12:09 PM, Blogger raptorpack said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home