Monday, January 30, 2006

I just want to scream!

Tuesday morning I get to work expecting that things got done the night before. The carpets were being cleaned so the 2 people who closed were stuck in the store for an extra 3 hours. What did i find when I got there? Not a dammned thing was done. Nothing. Not even the regular closing duties (stocking candy, checking in and running movies, stocking soda, emptying the trash cans etc.) Also, Monday night is when we are supposed to put the new movies out on the wall. This too was not done, which meant I had to do it. This means going through the boxes in the back, finding the movies that go out that day and dragging the boxes out front and putting them on the wall. I got all but the one really big title put out when my back completely gave out on me. I was so frustrated and in so much pain I called up the DL to tell him what was going on and left him a voice mail where I was clearly in tears. He called my back right away concerned, I told him what was going on, that I do most of the work in that store and its killing me, and he promised to talk to the store manager (who closed the night before). It wasn't until 1:30 that someone else came in to help me and by that time I could hardly move. I finished my shift, and went home to rest my poor aching back. The next day, no improvement. Still could barely move and it hurt to sit, stand, walk, anything. By Thursday I had had enough, so after my shift I went to Urgent Care and they gave me a muscle relaxant and told me to take tylenol. I filed an injury report with work on Friday, and took off early to see another doctor who could give me a treatment plan, and now I get to have physical therapy twice a week for three weeks, and can do very little in the mean time. I had to cancel a trip to Vegas, I was supposed to be there Sunday thru Tuesday to see an old friend. I spent a total of an hour in my friend's hot tub yesterday. I have not lifted a thing or done anything remotely hard on my back, and yet the pain is still very much there. I am so pissed off, upset and in so much pain i just want to kill someone. All that anger has been, in my opinion rightly directed at the store manager. If she would have just done her fucking job on Monday night I would not be in this position right now. I almost just up and quit my job on Tuesday when I saw what the store looked like. If I had closed that night the sotre would have looked perfect, and other projects would have been done, but I am responsible, and take some pride in my work. But here I am, stuck at home, half out of it from the muscle relaxant I took almost 18 hours ago, I can hardly do anything, and I have never felt more alone. Living alone is great except when you get sick or injured, then its just really lonely. I can't wait to move back.

4 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 10:03 AM, Blogger JLGB said...

oh pooh. I can't even imagine how much your back hurts; I have been having some dull aching in my lower back, but I've found as long as I keep going to the gym that helps-- I imagine yours is beyond comparable. Hopefully the physical therapy and plenty of rest will do it. I am giving all the irresponsible people at bbust an evil eye for you. That's absurd that they can't do their fucking job. Love you!

 
At 2/01/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger rainbowponi said...

wow. sorry to here that your back is hurting you so much. good for you filing a report at work. phy therapy is good, a pain in the butt as far as taking time out of your schedule but your body will feel better thatn ever at the end! good luck, get well soon

 
At 2/02/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger david golbitz said...

You know what makes me feel better?

Boobs.

If only I had a pair handy...

 
At 2/03/2006 1:41 AM, Blogger Bourgeois Dave said...

1031 said...

You know what makes me feel
better?

Boobs.

If only I had a pair handy...


QFT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home