Saturday, June 17, 2006

Its nice to know...

that despite everything, the heartache, the sorrow and the misery that sometimes comes with my life, that there is one thing that never dies in me: hope. I hope for a better tomorrow, for better things to come. When everything went wrong, I got offered a horse and it started turning things around. I guess I will always be destined to follow my heart even when my head knows that I will more than likely get hurt. Its just the way I am programed. I can't stop it. I knew when I first started talking to Shawn that it would probably end badly, but I couldn't help but follow my heart and see what happened. And yes it ended very, very badly. He hurt me four times over the last year, but I think I finally ended it once and for all. Four times is enough for me to say I am moving on. I may not have done it in a way that everyone approves of, but it worked for me, the weight has been lifted, and I feel free. That is what is really important isn't it?

2 Comments:

At 6/18/2006 10:12 AM, Blogger raptorpack said...

No worries, I got your back on this one ;)

 
At 6/18/2006 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that what is most important is that we live life on our own terms. When we say that we follow our heart, I think that's what we mean; whereas, when we say that we listen to our heads, what we mean to say is that we give in, that we accept whatever crap comes along. You did what you wanted to do and it sounds like you knew that it might get you hurt. It's a courageous thing to open one's heart to pain because the heart is the last thing we can stand hurt. Nobody's a good person because they make all of the correct choices. Most good people are good because they know what is important to them and know that they want to risk something to realize what they feel. Cheers.

--The God of Hellfire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home